Friends

Friends

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Overtime/Homeschool

Andy is working overtime today. He went in at 7 this morning and will not be off til 7 tonight. Eww :( I am hoping it isn't too bad. The girls and I went to ChuckECheese last night while Andy went and played golf. They had a blast. They went to sleep without us having to get onto them. Wow I don't remember the last time that happened. Andy said he could tell it had been a while since he had played cause he def didn't play as well as he used to. He said it wasn't bad but wasn't good either lol. I know I sure was wore out from chasing 4 girls and trying to keep them close enough to me so I could still see them yet let them play the games they wanted to.
On another note, I am thinking about home schooling the girls if Andy gets the job he put in for. We keep having issues with the school, and they refuse to resolve them. On Tuesday a girl threatened to kill Alexus and Shelby with a knife on the bus, and the bus driver ignored them and told them to be quiet and sit down. I called the vice principal as soon as they told me what happened, and she said she would look into it and resolve it. After I called her I called one of the supervisors over the bus drivers, and she said she would talk to him, and get him to write the report and would contact me to let me know he got the report done. Yesterday before I went to work I tried to contact them to see what they decided would be the appropriate punishment and the vice principal was going to be out of her office til that afternoon, and when I asked to talk to the principal they said she was in meetings so she was unavailable. When I tried to contact the lady supervisor over the bus drivers I got no answer, and when I asked to leave her a voice mail there was noone on the list by that name. Needless to say I was beyond pissed cause my children do not feel safe on the bus or at school. Yesterday afternoon the principal called and asked Andy why we did not ask to speek to her, and he told her that we had asked to speek to her and the receptionist said she was in meetings. She told him we were liars and that she was standing by her when we asked for the parent teacher liason. Andy told her we were not liars and that the first time I called the school I wasked for the vice principal, the second time I called I asked for her (the principal), and the third time I called I asked for the parent/teacher liason. The liason tried to help me but the person I needed to talk to was going to be out til later that afternoon, and so I left her a message ,but she never called me back either so hopefully she will on Monday. Either way I called the police non emergency number and asked the lady dispatcher what she suggested I do and she said I should file a threat report. A nice policeman came and took my reort and asked if I knew where the girl lived and of course I did so I showed him and he went to talk to her parents to see if he could get it settled. I feel bad about having to call the police, but I do want my kids to feel safe on the bus and at school, and if calling the police does that then it is worth it. I hate calling on a 6yr old, but she has to know that it is NOT right to threaten someone like she did. While Andy was on the phone with their principal she said it was not the bus drivers responsability to keep the kids safe. It was the kids responsability to be safe and stay sitted. OMG are you kidding me?! She said he was strictly there to drive them to and from school. NO ma'am they are the adult! Not the kids!
So if you know of a good home school program please let me know. milsig

5 comments:

Sarah said...

That's horrible. Don't give up Steph, you're doing the right thing! I too would go to the ends of the earth to get that crap taken care of.
Good luck with everything.

sbeudy said...

Thanks Sarah, we have had quiet a few run ins with this school, and they never want to do the right thing. Andy has been doing research so we can print it out and make sure they do have to do the right thing this time.

The Chodorowski Family said...

Oh Stephanie, how horrible! I can only imagine the fear that Alexus and Shelby must be going through! I really hope you guys can get this straightened out. If the principal is talking to you in that way..how completely unprofessional! I would call or write to the school district superintendent and let them know the way your calls were handled.

I'm sure it was hard calling the police, but it's best to scare the child while they are young so hopefully they'll never do it again. Have you heard from the kids' parents?

I hope ALL of this gets taken care of correctly and soon for you guys!

sbeudy said...

The principal called me back and she admitted to her that she did threaten them, but they did nothing to her and she is still riding the bus. We printed out the formal parent complaint form. Hopefully that will get something done about the principal. A guy called me about the bus, and said that a woman is riding with him for a few days and will make sure he is following procedures. The girls said he is doing it, but they think it is cause she is on there. He was supposed to look at the video and call me back but he hasn't. NO IDEA what else I should do. Thanks for all the support guys!

sbeudy said...

School board is involved and seems to want to get something done. I sure hope this will make kids think before they say/do things.


Xerox - Let's Say Thanks


Follow Me

Follow Me

playlist


Archive

Archive