Friends

Friends

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Chief's Choice Award

Today Andy was awarded the Chiefs' Choice Award for the month of February 2010. He is the first in his section to receive one. I am so proud to call him my husband. He gives so much of himself to whatever he is involved in. He was chosen because he was brave enough to throw himself in front of a fellow worker that was falling from the top of three flights of stairs. If Andy hadn't gotten in the doorway to brace himself to stop him I don't know where the man would be today. Probably either hurt really bad or even dead. I don't know how he managed to get the strength to stop him, maybe adrenaline, maybe help from above. Either way I am glad they didn't have to tell his family that he had fallen and gotten hurt really bad or that he would never be home again. Here are a few pictures of his awards. He received an award certificate, and two coins. One coin was from the Command Chief Master Sergeant (highest enlisted person in AF Reserve Command) and the other was from his Squadron Chiefs' Group. He could explain this award better than I can of course, but I just wanted to show you what the Air Force gave him for his dedication.
BTW, did I mention that he is the first in his Squadron to receive one of these awards? Yep! We are a little proud ourselves!



milsig

Hopefully this will explain why I use the signature I use on here. Andy is a wonderful man, husband, father, and soldier and I want to show just how proud we are of him!

2 comments:

The Chodorowski Family said...

Congrats Andy! What a hero!

sbeudy said...

He doesn't see himself as a hero, but he has always been a hero in my book. He was nominated for the Airman's Medal, and so far it seems like it is going to go through. Hopefully we will hear something about it soon.


Xerox - Let's Say Thanks


Follow Me

Follow Me

playlist


Archive

Archive